Thursday, November 29, 2012

Thanksgiving

   I love Thanksgiving! It is my favorite holiday. Does that mean that I only have to give thanks once a year, or that I need Thanksgiving Day as a reminder to give thanks. I hope not, or I do not understand the true depth of what my Lord and Savior has done for me. 1 Thessalonians 5:18 In everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. It is something I am to be doing continuously.  I do love the time of getting together with family and friends, eating a big turkey dinner and visiting and sharing all the wonderful things the Lord had done in your life and all the trials He brings us through. 
   We went to the Whittakers for dinner and had a wonderful time. Pauline made a wonderful turkey dinner. It was so good and Austin would agree. It was Austin's first Thanksgiving and he loved it. He got to eat turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, gravy, carrots, cranberry sauce and olives. Of course Dad had to give him his first bite of pumpkin pie as well. I think that Austin's favorite holiday is Thanksgiving too. Austin also learned to climb the two living room steps into the kitchen and did it all night long. We had a wonderful time of fellowship and laughter. Of course we eat till we were full and then some more. Pauline's apple pie was yummy. Josiah and family was there along with Ezra so I was able to have Thanksgiving with family and church family. Yes I have so very, very much to be thankful. may I always remember that and continually  show it.  
   We had such a beautiful Thanksgiving week. It was in the 50's all week with a high of 60 a couple of time. Austin and I went out for a walk everyday. Then friday morning we woke up and it was 20 degrees outside with SNOW!!! That is ok with me because I love snow. Of course I bundled Austin and took him out in the snow to play for a little bit. It was cold so we didn't stay out for long.
Austin taking advantage of the beautiful weather we had the week of Thanksgiving.
Austin and Jonathan
                           Austin's first Thanksgiving!
I love turkey dinner!
Did someone say food!
Keep it coming Mom!
YUM!!!
Trying out the stairs.


Hi Dad, look at me!

 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds as though you had a lovely Thanksgiving! Austin certainly enjoyed his dinner! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you guys had lot of fun and fellowship. To bad that i could not be there... Missed ya"ll .. See ya in a few days.

    ReplyDelete