Monday, February 6, 2012

True Homecooking!!!

   One of my instructors at school always put me in a team with two other girls and called us team homecooking because we always seemed to lean more towards the comfort foods in our lab classes as apposed to some of the more fancier cooking the other class mates would do.Well a lot of the cooking is still what I do. I hits close to home, has lots of memories and is good for working wives!!!
   So tonight's meal was Venison Beef Stew with fresh baked Biscuits!!! Noah loved it, I loved it and it was easy. I had to be out of the house by 7:10 this morning to be to a chiropractor appointment and wanted to have it in the crockpot ready to go. I got up at six make breakfast, assembled the stew and got ready to work and made it to my appointment just in time!!! One minute to spare. Then tonight I just thickened it with a little potato starch and made my biscuits. They were supper easy and the best recipe I found yet!! Yea for my Basic cookbook. Thanks Deanna!

 
   Now my husband is gone to get a computer cd form his brothers house and I am sitting here sipping hot tea and blogging. Something I really want to do more of. I also have to have 1 Corinthians 13:1-4 memorized for Wednesday night prayer meeting. I am just loving winter and still hoping and praying that we will get some more snow. 

1 comment:

  1. now thats my kind of supper! :) looks yummy

    ReplyDelete